Sunday, February 19, 2012

Hand Paper Shredder - Black

Hand Paper Shredder - Black Review



Hand Paper Shredder - Black Feature

  • Hand-held paper shredder
  • Protect yourself from identity theft
  • Needs no batteries or external power
  • Shreds 1 page, folded in thirds, or 1 envelope at a time
  • Fits conveniently into your briefcase, backpack, or purse
I'm an identity thief, and you would be shocked to know how easy my job is. Some people think I have perform 1337 h4x to break into your data, but all I need is a flashlight, a phone, and for you to get a little lazy. Step one, pick my mark. Let's say I've picked you. Step two, go through your garbage. I'm not looking for obvious things like credit-card numbers. All I need is one of those hundreds of credit-card offers you get in the mail all the time. An old utility bill is also really useful. I fill out the credit-card form in your name, and mail it off with your own return address. Then, all I have to do is drop a post-card at the post-office telling them to route your mail to another house I'm keeping my eye on. Hell, to keep suspicions down, I might even re-deliver the useless stuff back to your house. Aren't I nice? What do I do with the utility bill? All most libraries need is a copy of a utility bill that states you live in the county, and suddenly I have a form of ID. Crazy. All you had to do is shred that stuff, but oh - you're too busy! You even have one of those giant powered shredders, but it's such a pain to use, you batch-process that pile of mail. You might get to it, sure, but you're just as likely to just give up on the ever-growing pile of mail and pitch it all, hoping I wasn't paying attention. But I was. I'm always paying attention. See, it's like the law of the jungle out here. Eat, or be eaten. You're the gazelle, and I'm the tiger. You don't have to be the fastest gazelle, just faster than the slowest guy. So when you say that shredding isn't secure, know that I'd much rather go for the nice slow gazelle. If you shred your stuff, I'm not going to bother with you. There are plenty out there who don't shred, and their credit is just fine and dandy.


No comments:

Post a Comment